Warm Chicken Pasta Salad
I also make this dish as a hot main course rather than as a warm salad. Replace the chicken with prawns, add some roasted peppers, some spinach or steamed asparagus as alternatives.
- 300g Roma Wholewheat Penne pasta
- 3 tbsp Roma Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 chicken fillets, trimmed
- 4 Roma Sundried Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 250ml cream
- 50g rocket plus some for garnishing
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat and add the chicken fillets, sauté for about 5-7 minutes on each side until cooked through and lightly golden. The juices must run clear to ensure the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Remove from pan, cover and allow to “rest” for 5 minutes. Slice thinly.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in frying pan over medium heat, add the onion and chilli, stirring occasionally until the onions have softened but not browned.
- Add the garlic and sun dried tomatoes and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan according to the directions on the packet. Drain.
- To finish the sauce, add the cream and allow the mixture to thicken slightly.
- Place the sliced chicken, pasta and rocket into a bowl and pour over the cream sauce mixture. Taste for seasoning, you may require a little freshly ground black pepper. Gently toss to combine.
- Place a little rocket on the serving platter and spoon over the pasta / chicken mix onto the plate. Serve immediately.
View other recipes by